Re: HT uplink test via ISS? Keyboarders uplink test too.

On Wed, 23 May 2001, Bugs wrote:

> APRS is out of control and beacon every 3 seconds.  I see that on
> all of our packet channels we have in Seattle.

Interesting....  I'd be interested to see the list of "all of the packet
channels" where you hear APRS packets?  APRS in Seattle and the USA is all
on 144.39.   And each station only transmits about one packet every 30
minutes so that hundreds can share the channel equitably...

If you are hearing one packet every 3 seconds on 144.39, then see how well
APRS shares the channel?  It would take 600 APRS stations to reach that
level at their normal 30 minute rate.  Quite good sharing...

de WB4APR, Bob