Re: Re: Some people just don't get it.....

Well I have tried for 2 weeks with 5 watts FT-817 to make it.  Just doesnt
happen here in Seattle.  We have many HI Watt station from CA and APRS that
interfers with our attempts to connect ( CQ Via NOCALL ).  At 50 Watts or
100 watts no problem.

Well I think that an HT would NOT make it since we have to can not over
come CA.

Now if everyone was limited to just HT's it might work.  We here in Seattle
have all the packet channels full of APRS.  What ever happen to the good
old days of just keyboarders.

FT-817 5 watts to an 7 dbi vert at 35 ft above the ground..

N7VWJ