Re: HT uplink test via ISS? Keyboarders uplink test

Hello Vince!

22 May 01 17:28, you wrote to All:

 VA> Also, as a test, us straight keyboarders need to increase our power
 VA> out in order to determine how much ERP is required to overcome ISS
 VA> APRS congestion and interference from beacons. Recommend starting out
 VA> with one hundred watts into an eggbeater or beam, then digipeat a
 VA> packet telling those actually monitoring what you believe the best ERP
 VA> to be to digipeat through unattended APRS beacon interference.
 VA>
 VA> This is only a test.

Well, we in VK are also having some difficulty accessing ISS.  I've been trying
with 10W into a vertical, with no success (and no apparent acknowledgement from
others on the frequency either).

Rx signal is solid through the entire pass for me.

Tony, VK3JED