Re: HT uplink test via ISS? Keyboarders uplink test too.

Vince,

This is a TEST to see how little power with minimal text is necessary to
communicate reliably.
Of course if you run an "aligator" station you will WIN. This isn't a
contest, but an information gathering event.

Any and all input is encouraged!

For example, I will be beaconing every 2 minutes with a J pole @ 15 feet
running 45 watts. A typical station.

BT =3641.28N/12139.83W-/TEST Jpole @15'/45W  1 packet/2mins wa6lie@msn.com

Others will run different combinations and have different results due to
terrain,antenna,power,QRM,ISS attitude etc......

It would be nice if every station could transmit in their text a breif
station statement. Like, antenna and power. Location also helps.
The "APRS Style" BText as above is very usefull.

APRS is not being promoted here, APRSers are not encouraged flood the
frequency.
It just happens to be a very efficient way to say a lot in 1 line.

73, and have fun!!

Scott WA6LIE