•From: owner-SAREX@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-SAREX@AMSAT.Org]On Behalf Of
•Margaret Leber
•Sent: Friday, May 11, 2001 1:07 PM
•To: Stan@Vandiver.com
•Cc: sarex@AMSAT.Org
•Subject: Re: [sarex] WB4APR's new mindset [was something else]
•Stan Vandiver wrote:
•> And on the www.ariss.net map there is a gaping hole in the central US
•> where apparently no one is trying.  I cannot believe that they
•are trying but
•> just not getting through. Too many people are indeed reporting contacts
•> with low power and minimal antenna systems, including mobiles... yet I
•> have only seen a handful of Chicago-area callsigns posted to the
•map. Bob
•> guesses between 1,000-10,000 are uplinking on every pass, but I'm
•> beginning to feel that even the low number is a high estimate.
•Is it possible that hole is because the coastal stations have a crack at
•ISS when it's out over the oceans and the count of stations in the
•footprint beaconing as fast as they can is down to half a bazillion,
•rather than 2.5 bazillion?
•73 de Maggie K3XS
•--
•-----/___.   _)   Margaret Stephanie Leber    / "The art of progress  /
•----/(, /|  /| http://voicenet.com/~maggie   / consists of preserving/
•---/   / | / |  _   _   _    `  _AOPA 925383/ order amid change and /
•--/ ) /  |/  |_(_(_(_/_(_/__(__(/_  FN20hd / change amid order."   /
•-/ (_/   '  K3XS  .-/ .-/    ARRL 39280   /___ --A.N.Whitehead ___/
•/____ICQ 7161096_(_/_(_/__AMSAT 32844____/ <maggie@voicenet.com>
•----
•Via the sarex mailing list at AMSAT.ORG courtesy of AMSAT-NA.