RE: Re: ISS DIGI DESENSTIVITY

> HI PAUL .. GREETINGS FROM  ISTANBUL.. AS YOU KNOW I AM
> INTERESTING WITH ISS DIGI.
>
> I NOTICE THAT,TO DAY WHEN ASTRANOUTS TALKS ON 143.625
> Mhz.
> THE DIGI RECEIVER NOTHING HEARD THE GRAUND STATIONS.
> WHEN ASTRONOUTS IS STANDBY, DIGI RECEIVER CAN HEAR AGAIN..
>
> IF ASTRANOUTS TALKS LONG TIME, DIGI NOTHING HEARD DURING THAT
> TIME. MY
> OPINION: DIGI RECEIVER NEED A VHF NOTCH FILTER FOR 143.625MhZ
> MOORE THAN 30
> dB WILL BE
> ENOUGH 73 .
> TA1D- KADRÝ MEHMET BAÞAK.....

I'm not surpriced as the Mir had a filter for the very same reason.
I asked Miles if there was going to be a similar filter for ISS and it
turned out that it was not isued for the preliminary station.
To be honnest the current radio setup can only be seen as a temporary setup
till the modular station arives (the one that includes a repeater sstv and
many other need things)

Just hang in there I'm sure the ariss team is wel aware of the problem.

73 de Andre PE1RDW
aprsdigi co-ordinator Netherlands
member aprs workgroup Netherlands
mailto:pe1rdw@aprsnl.org