Re: WB4APR's new mindset [was something else]

Congratulations on the many successful contacts you have made. I
would also encourage you to keep up the good work of bringing more
hams into this enjoyable part of the hobby.
I would say that both you and Bob are correct. Yes you can make a
contact if you are the loudest voice of the pack. The receiver is a
FM system so there is a capture effect that can be easily
We did that when we tested W5LFL's radio at JSC before the flight. I
was there as the hardware developer. The point that I believe Bob is
trying to make is that if everybody tries once a second during a
pass, that leaves no chance for the hams who don't have a high EIRP
to make it.
Contacts can be made using a moderate station on the ground if the
AGC is not cranked up by so many simultaneous inputs. We also prove
that quite often with the personal and school contacts.

All I can say is that by reducing the number of simultaneous
transmissions, all will have a better chance. I believe that is what
Bob is trying to say. Bob is absolutely correct in saying that and I
sincerely hope that all will heed his advice.

Keep up the support of our great hobby.
Louis W. McFadin
Hardware Manager