From: "Bruce Weaver" <k3ltm@penn.com>
To: <sarex@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2001 5:51 PM
Subject: [sarex] Fifth Grade Enjoys ISS Contact!

What excitement in my fifth grade classroom!  We've been tracking and
listening to the ISS passes since the first crew arrived.  Today we made a
brief voice contact with Susan Helms.  Wow! What fun!  Spontaneous cheers!

One of the many reasons I've had amateur radio in my classroom for 25 years.

Thanks to everyone that helped create another educational moment of a
lifetime!

(Did we tape it? :-(  Of course not.  Can't get everything right the first
time.)

Bruce Weaver, K3LTM
Fifth Grade Teacher
Advisor- Cowanesque Valley School ARC, KB3BRT
Westfield Elem. School Westfield, PA