ISS Downlink Question

I have a question, which is of a beginner nature, but
I'm new at this, so here goes...  After finishing my
turnstile antenna, I was finally able to monitor the
ISS pass at 22:00 or so on 5-5-01, and on 145.8, I
head packet sounds.  I know packet has been very
active lately from things I read on this list, but
does that mean the packet and the voice share the same
downlink frequency?  If so, I guess one has to listen
to see what mode the ISS crew is using, right?

Thanks & 73,
Samuel Pool, W4SEP
Alabaster, Alabama

=====
Samuel Pool, W4SEP
Microsoft Certified Professional
Webmaster, Shelby County Amateur Radio Club
www.scarc.com