Re: TAPE TITO - ITS HAM RADIO HISTORY LOST!

	From: BillWA6ITF@aol.com

	Go out to your local Wal-Mart, K-Mart, or wherever; spend
	$20 on a standard size cassette recorder, some batteries
	and a few C-90 cassettes.  Keep it next to your radio --
	resady to go -- just in case another bit of ham radio
	history -- like the foirst words of Dennis Tito from space
	-- come our way.  These moments tend to be few and far
	inbetweenand those who come after you will truly apreciate
	the legavy you have left for them.

Not to mention how thankful you'll be if *you* talk to ISS. I didn't
have a tape recorder going the time I worked Mir, but I didn't make
the same mistake twice! When I made my first voice contact with the
space shuttle--Susan Helms on STS-64--I was loaded for bear and now
have a recording that will always be special to me. (In fact, I have
a copy of it in my safe deposit box!) (.au and .wav versions of it and
my other contact are at http://www.wintertime.com/OH/hobby.html#sarex,
not that such contacts are exactly rare any more. :-))

Patty N6BIS