RE: TAPE TITO - ITS HAM RADIO HISTORY LOST!

Bill,

> May I suggest to each and every one of you involved in any area
> of VHF -- be
> it space -- FM -- weal signal -- or what have you.  Go out to your local
> Wal-Mart, K-Mart, or wherever; spend $20 on a standard size cassette
> recorder, some batteries and a few C-90 cassettes.  Keep it next to your
> radio -- resady to go -- just in case another bit of ham radio history --
> like the foirst words of Dennis Tito from space -- come our way.  These
> moments tend to be few and far inbetweenand those who come after you will
> truly apreciate the legavy you have left for them.

Good idea. Better yet, for those of you who have your receivers close to your computer, download Scanner Recorder from:

http://www.davee.com/scanrec/index.html

Just run a wire from the headphone jack or the line-out on your radio to the line-in port on the sound card in your computer. This program will automatically start recording when a signal breaks the squelch. (or you can run it manually too) I used it to record the first ISS school contact and it worked very well! That way you'll be able to preserve the clip in a digital format that you can keep forever. Enjoy!!

Stan Olson - KB9YBU