Re: [OZAPRS] ISS Alpha. Even More

On Thu, 3 May 2001, Norm McMillan wrote from Australia:

>   If you're having trouble getting through the  ISS Alpha digi, don't feel
> lonely. Of 40 packets transmitted in 10 minutes I got exactly 1 packet
> digipeated...
> I can only think that perhaps the ship has a "bad attitude" over this part
> of the world. I know I'm developing one.

I may be totally wrong here, but doesnt Indonesia have the worlds largest
number of unlicensed operations on the 2m band as anywhere on the planet?
If so, could that be the problem?  Choose a time when they are not in the
footprint and you are...  I wonder if that will make the difference.

de WB4APR, Bob