Re: [amsat-bb] ISS and ISS callsign

On Mon, 30 Apr 2001, andrea bonaiuto wrote:

> Just now I have connect www.ariss.net and I have seen the ISS, ISS+5, ISS+10
> callsign in the list.... What means ?...  Maybe I think It's a new
> function programmed on the K4HG's software ?

Yes, Steve, K4HG has added a ISS position predictor to his ariss.net page
that shows the ISS position in 5 and then 10 minutes later.  By now you
have seen his message on the sarex refolector.

A Related Function is:
If you are monitoring the downlink and are within range of the USA East
coast or West coast ISS tracking stations, your Kenwood D7 HT or D700
mobile radio will also capture ISS position data being uplinked once a
minute by those two stations.  Your HT or Mobile will show the Distance
and AZimuth to the ISS and the direction that it is traveling.

Thus, HT and mobile users do not have to carry a PC to predict the
position of ISS.  Via these two UPLINK stations, The ISS position is
actually appearing in the downlink.  There might be interest in placing
one of these tracking stations in Europe, SOuth America, Australia and
Japan..?  (only one each)...

de WB4APR, BOb