Re: [OZAPRS] Re: More ISS Alpha

Hi Scott,
good question, here is the short answer.

The settings on the ISS TNC were corrupted.
The ISS crew reset the TNC.
Since the settings were NOT burnt into ROM, the call sign was LOST.
The default call sign in this TNC is NOCALL.
This is 100% legal under FCC satellite rules.
The ISS crew has been too busy with other duties
to relocate a LapTop and reconfigure the TNC.
The TNC will be reconfigured in the Future, when
the crew has some spare time.  This week the ISS
crew is trying to find a place to stick the 9000 pounds
of hardware which arrived last week.  And three more
guests are arriving on Monday.

Miles WF1F www.marex-na.org