Unproto/Chat Room tip for ISS

Hi everyone,

Here is a Suggestion for setting up your Unproto / Chat Room
string.

(Check your TNC manual for the correct syntax to change your unproto
string.)

Most unproto command are in two parts, a greeting and a call sign.

The greeting section can be up to 6 characters long.  The data
in the greeting section can be just about anything.  It will not affect
the reliability of the Unproto/Chat room packet.
Below are 4 examples of unproto/chat room packets.
The first part is always the call sign from the original
station.
The second part is what I am calling the greeting section.
And the last section is the call sign of the Digipeater.

> W3ADO-3>APRK27,NOCALL*: <<UI>>:
> VE1JH>FN66,NOCALL*: <UI>:Hi miles
> WF1F>MILES,NOCALL*: <UI>: Welcome to ISS
> G6LVB>CQ,NOCALL*:Hello

Here wa3ado chose APRK27, which is related to aprs data?
> W3ADO-3>APRK27,NOCALL*: <<UI>>:

ve1jh-brent put in his Grid square FN66
> VE1JH>FN66,NOCALL*: <UI>:Hi miles

wf1f miles put in his first name
> WF1F>MILES,NOCALL*: <UI>: Welcome to ISS

and g6lvb put in the CQ symbol
> G6LVB>CQ,NOCALL*:Hello

My personal suggestion, is to replace the greeting section with
your first name or nick name.  Putting a name in you unproto packet
string
is much more friendly than a software revision number or a grid square.
Lets try to keep ISS Chat room fun and friendly

IMHO

Miles WF1F WWW.MAREX-NA.ORG