From: "Matt Henderson" <kb3drq@yahoo.com>
To: <kk5do@arrl.net>; <sarex@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2001 2:16 PM
Subject: Re: [sarex] Voice QSO at 1819 Violation of FCC Rules

>   You just wrote it!  Subtitle B says that "No station may
> > transmit with a transmitter power exceeding 1.5 kW PEP".

> Peak Envelope Power means the amount of RF energy (in watts)
> leaving your antenna, not leaving your radio!

No, it doesn't and it NEVER has. Stop adding your own interpretation. The
rule says plainly the TRANSMITTER is limited to 1.5 kW PEP OUTPUT, no
feedline losses, or antennas are considered in the rule itself. You just
made that up on your own and you want others to accept it.

PEP NEVER means ERP...they are totally different concepts. PEP means peak
envelope power....of the TRANSMITTER...sheesh!

It has NOTHING to do with ERP, and the FCC mentions NOTHING about ERP in the
Rule.

ERP = Transmitter output power - feedline losses + antenna gain.

The FCC Rule regarding power regulates ONLY the first term in the above
equation.

Either this is a silly troll, or you are ill-informed. In either case, get
out the crow fork. It's one thing to make a silly error...we have all done
it. It's another thing to stubbornly persist in this folly.