eirp

Matt,

According to the FCC data base, you are a Technician Class
licensee.  Please go back and re-read the material you studied to obtain
your license.  Amateur stations are limited to 1.5 kW power output.  EIRP,
or effective isotropic radiated power, is power output multipilied by
antenna gain.  In this case, my power output was 160 watts.  The difference
between that and the 5 kW eirp I cited was supplied by antenna gain less
coax loss.  My good friend Dave Blaschke, W5UN, has run 2 megawatts eirp on
2 meters for 15 years.  I've been in his shack at the time and his Bird
wattmeter indicated 1500 watts output.

73, Ray