ISS Packet Question

  Heard some ISS passes. Tried to conenct direct using the
command:

   'C NOCALL'

  I got a message back saying..  '***NOCALL BUSY''

  Are we allowed to conenct direct, or is there a limit in
the number of people who are able to be connected to the
station at a time?  Maybe it would be better to just digipeat
through it?  Can I send an e-mail to the "astrohams?", or
post it to the ISS BBS in general?  Do they even have a BBS?
Would I have to be conencted to do this?

I am relatively new to packet and satellite operations, so
bear with me. :)

Thank you all so much for your help.

=====
73 DE Matt, KB3DRQ