Re: More ISS Alpha

> Van: Margaret Leber [mailto:maggie@voicenet.com]
> Mike thompson wrote:
>
> > I have tried THREE different radios  (a KDK-240, Icom IC-28H,
> > ADI AT-200 ht..) and have yet to digi once through ISS.

> know with at thd7 or
>
> I really don't think it has anything to do with radios, and
> *everything*
> to do with how everybody and his dog is now slamming the uplink with
> beacons from AOS to LOS, and a still too-high number of them
> are doing
> CONNECTs. Before this got to be so popular, it was stone easy
> to get in
> with my FT-847, now it's nearly impossible.

I have to agree the first day I could get in with a tm-d700 running 50 watt
in 15 meter rg59 to a 9dbd vertikal and now I feel lucky if I can get in
using a ts790 with 250 watt amp in 5 meter h100 and a 13dbd vertikal.
The tm-d700 has no change at all here in europe with the france and germans
firing connects at iss at a high rate.

> I do hope people eventually get bored, but we're probably gonna see
> another spate of this when Tito get up there (especially since we're
> told he loves packet, and that there are people sleeping in the space
> where ARISS lives. I do hope he manages to take a keyboard with him
> somehow; but if he can afford $2 million a day for the bus fare, I
> suppose he can squeeze out a few doubloons for a handheld comp. :-)

I hope so that way he can turn connects completly off and fulldup on check
the dcd setting oh and setting mycall might be handy to get rid of the
complains about that :)

> 73 de Maggie K3XS

73 de Andre PE1RDW
aprsdigi co-ordinator Netherlands