Fwd: Re: More ISS Alpha

VERY INTERESTING!!!

I have tried THREE different radios  (a KDK-240, Icom IC-28H,
ADI AT-200 ht..) and have yet to digi once through ISS. I like
you, have set up my TNC on the local packet frequency, and set
my unproto for the local BBS and all works well. Just not
through ISS. I have a KPC-4 (dual port TNC) and have even hooked
up a seperate radio on the second port to see if it will decode
my uplink packets. To which my second radio does just fine.

I do have a Kenwood radio I can put on packet. I will try to get
time to make a cable for it to hook up to my TNC. Probably won't
be for a couple of days though...

       -- Mike

> At 19:19 25/04/2001 -0500, you wrote:
> >boy, i gave up trying to get a packet to the iss. i have come
> to the
> >conclusion
> >that any kenwood radio will work just fine as everyone i know
> with at thd7 or
> >ts2000 gets through just fine. gonna have to junk my icom
> 821h for an ht.
> >
> >73...bruce
> >

> Tell ya what, I hadn't thought of that!!!  I'll be pissed off
> to the max if
> thats the story. On top of the AO-27 debacle and other bad
> stuff It'd be
> enough for me to pull the big plug.
>
> I'd be interested to hear other opinions, and pleased to hear
> any to the
> contrary.
>

> Norm. Vk2XCI.
> QF27wd, Mount Hope, NSW, Australia
> Voice of The Edge Of The Outback.

> To unsubscribe, send "unsubscribe sarex" to
Majordomo@amsat.org

=====
Check out Mike's Web page:

        http://www.qsl.net/wb8erj