ISS Full Duplex Default-On or Off?

I have been following the discussions of the merits of the
full duplex mode on ISS, and immediately had this question.
If the TNC has reverted to default values, as was shown by
the fall back to the NOCALL, then wouldn't the unit also have
reverted to Full Duplex OFF?  It has been my experience that
this is the default for this mode, and if this is the case for the
ISS's TNC, then couldn't some of the 'logjam' be due to the
unit reverting to this mode?  Now, I understand there is a lot
of QRM on the uplink, but I was just wondering if this, and
what ever other settings that were lost when the unit defaulted
might be making things worse. BTW the thread on this was
very long, and if this was addressed before, I apologize.
73, Bruce WA4JAV