ISS Silence

Just to answer this speculation about the silence of the ISS Ham
station I would like to say a few things.

First,
The ISS ham equipment is attached to the wall in the ZARIA module
otherwise known as the FGB. It does not need to be taken down when
not in use. It is simply turned on or off whenever it is needed.
The crew has been asked to leave the equipment in the Packet mode
whenever it is not being used for Voice operations.
As far as I know the only reason it is not on at this time is that
the crew may have neglected to put the equipment back in the Packet
mode after their last Voice operation.
There is no other reason sinister or otherwise.
So it is best to be patient and soon it will get turned back on. We
are all hoping the crew will get around to re initializing the Packet
system and putting in the correct callsign and other parameters. Then
we will all enjoy the packet operations as they are intended to opera

In the meantime we have some fun operations to look forward to.
If anyone has any specific questions about the hardware I will try to
answer them on this BB for all to read
W5DID
Louis W. McFadin
ISS-HAM