Re: LIDS on the uplink.

Bob,

If they concluded it was the space station...they were hams. And they need
to be removed from the ranks. Pronto. I was encouraged by the publishing of
School frequencies and schedules with ISS as it allows many of us to
schedule VIPS to listen in as it happens. When I did my Mir
school contact, although on UHF, we kept the freq private. Perhaps for this
very reason. Although you were in range to hear it, we all know the ISS crew
was in range also. This is not merely embarrassing, but places an entire
program in jeopardy. Perhaps we need to purchase and ship to each school
uplink a key-up signature analyzer to find and document who these low lifes
are.

I damn well will donate to the fund.

Al Emer, N2YAC