Re: [amsat-bb] Re: Why FULLDUPE On is good? (Re: iss)

> > But if we could get everyone down to say one
> >packet per 2 minutes, then there would be a 90% chance that more than
> >100 people PER PASS WOULD be successful... (or so)

How was everyone's success last night?  I heard one station in our
area transmitting his packets every 3 seconds for the entire duration of
the pass.  THus, effectively jamming everyone in the country.  Since our
area is just one of 5000 such areas in the footprint at the same time, it
gives an idea of the scope of the problem.

Yet when I talked to one of the others (not the 3 second guy) trying also
with over 2000W ERP, he didn't see it as any problem, figured he had as
much right to try as everyone else...

Actually, he's not wrong.  Its human nature.  About all we can hope for is
user education as to what is going on and hope that users will lower their
retry rate, pray that everyone else will, and once someone is successful,
then say something useful/interesting to the group and back off... That is
about all we can hope for...

de WB4APR, Bob