Re: School Contact Today

>From: "Frank H. Bauer" <frank.bauer@gsfc.nasa.gov>
>To: sarex@AMSAT.Org
>Subject: [sarex] School Contact Today
>Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 08:43:33 -0400
>
>All,
>
>There will be a school group contact today (April 16) at 20:56 UTC between
>the Admiral Moorer Middle School and the ISS crew.  The contact will
>originate from the NASA Goddard Ground Station, NN1SS, located in
>Greenbelt, Maryland.  Those in the Eastern part of the US should be able to
>hear the crew on the 145.80 downlink.

I'm sure that the kiddies on the ground got good exposure to ham radio by a
"phone line" (assuming that the Admiral Moorer Middle School isnt in
Greenbelt Maryland)...why not use the TDRSS link?

Having said that Admiral Moorer was a great CNO.  I had the pleasure of
interviewing him about 20 years ago (after he had retired) and while we had
scheduled 1 hour he gave me all afternoon.

A delightfull man who knows a lot about valor and honor.

A question that I imagine you can answer.  What dollar figure is AMSAT and
the US taxpayer in for on the stuff on the space station?  I would be
curious to know.

I am a life member of AMSAT and the ARRL if that makes a difference.

Robert Oler WB5MZO