Packet Software for THD7A

I know that this is a bit off topic, but there seems to be a lot of people
with the specific knowledge that I'm seeking.

Can someone suggest some good terminal software for the Kenwood thd7a.  I
can't seem to find anything that works well besides Hyperterm, and that
sucks at best.  I've also tried WinPak and pr4win (well it's been a while
for pr4win, and on an OLD kantronics kpc-3, but I wasn't impressed with it
anyway)

Maybe all I'm missing is the correct settings.  It talks to the TNC and I
get feed back but I have a hard time getting into convers mode.

Thanks.