Re: Why FULLDUPE On is good? (Re: iss)

At 2001/04/15 08:26:58 Vince Fiscus, KB7ADL wrote:
> ...  The first thing they need  to do right after they enter a proper
> callsign is change their TNC to  full-duplex so it won't wait for the
> frequency to clear before it transmits a valid packet.

There is not a problem.  As soon as the TNC decodes a packet, it transmits
it.  This is proved by the fact that when you do hear a packet, it is only
a single packet from one station.

Its not that the congestion is preventing the TNC from Transmitting, its
that the congestion is preventing it from Receiving.

What we must get everyone to understand is that most of the time when
you press the XMT button, you are accomplishing nothing other than jamming
your fellow HAM.

Yes, there is a small chance you might be heard, but there is a 99% chance
that your packet is only preventing someone else from being heard.  So
just think about this every time your press XMT.  This experiment is in
for the long term, so relax, fire off a few packets, and then just enjoy
seeing who else You have allowed to get through...

de WB4APR, Bob