[aprssig] ISS does work with HT's

On Sat, 14 Apr 2001, Earl Needham wrote:

>       Got a couple of stations on this last pass --
>
> 16:54:11R WB4APR-9>4PTV3R,NOCALL*:'u@Al v/>Visitin Chicago

Actually, I was standing in a backyard with the HT and 19" whip and it
was only the 3rd time I pushed the transmit button.  I was at my first
family reunion in 35 years in Peoria Illinois.

So, yes, HT's still can make it if you are lucky.  I certainly did not
expect it!  Cousins were impressed. (well... sorta....)

Bob

---
You are currently subscribed to aprssig as: bruninga@usna.edu
Questions regarding the SIG go to the SIG administrator: wa1lou@tapr.org