Re: Loose lips sink ships, etc.

>From: Margaret Leber <maggie@voicenet.com>
>To: Robert Oler <cvn65vf94@msn.com>
>CC: sarex@AMSAT.Org
>Subject: Re: [sarex] Loose lips sink ships, etc.
>Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 19:33:35 -0400
>
>Robert Oler wrote:
>

>>I just dont like the "Frank Burns" viewpoint which is that unless we
>>blindly follow our leaders how can our concepts of democracy work.
>
>Of course not, and I haven't heard anybody support such a point of view
>here.
>
>But please, let's distinguish between "blindly following our leaders"
>and "blindly complaining about something we're not really informed
>about". I know you oppose "blind faith", and rightly so. But please take
>care that you do not endorse other forms of blindness in the process. :-)
>
>The reason ISS callsigns are what they are (even when what they are is
>"NOCALL") have been very much publically available and openly discussed
>for some time. I can understand folks rolling on to the scene right now
>in these exciting days and assuming that configuring the TNC up there is
>a trivial matter.

Well perhaps a place to start is to read the ENTIRE post I responded to.

Actually I know why the TNC is set like it is. And I coudl care less if it
has a call sign because it really doesnt need one.  And no I really dont
need a discussion on the space station or why things are like they are there
because I know quite a bit about those things (you would love doing
parabolas in the microgee planes).  No I havent rolled on the scene
"lately". I've been shooting ether into the air for a well shoot three
decades now, am a life member of ARRL and AMSAT and the station here does
"bird stuff" and ...

...oddly we were NOT discussing any of that (per4haps you should take a
moment and go back and read the post...wouldnt that be an odd place to
start).

What was at issue was wheather or not we should have any criticisms
whatsoever about the station or the ham equipment LEAST someone in authority
take offense.

Thats the issue.  Thats the issue I responded to and thats the thread.

I dont post much on the boards because I am quite busy with the "work" thing
particularly right now.  But when someone says "we ought not to discuss
things because they would rock the boat" essentially what was said then to
my mind thats not what amateur radio or this country is about.

And thats what I said.

So you disagree with that?

Robert WB5MZO