Re: Re: TX-Cycle Recommendation?

> At 01:04 PM 4/12/01, Margaret Leber (K3XS) wrote:
>
> >I really have to wholeheratedly endorse this point of view. I have
watched the
> >accessability of "the digi on ISS" (which I'll feel better about calling
> >"RZ3DZR-1" when it actually has that callsign configured :-) ) go from
"no
> >problem" to "a snowball's chance in hell" in three days.
>

> Really?  I can't say as my obervations have been the same.   I'm hearing
> wide gaps between downlink packets and maybe seeing 4 callsigns per
> pass.  As opposed to Sunsat or Mir, it's very quiet.

There are wide gaps.  Some of this is due to packet collisions on
the uplink, but I suspect much of it is the way the TNC is configured.
 If on of the TNC parameters could be changed to FULLDUP ON,
then we could see some real performance from the ISS digipeater.
This would allow it to digipeat packets as soon as they are heard
and it would not wait for a clear channel on the uplink or a clear
channel timeout before transmitting.

I suggest the ISS team have the digipeater configured in FULL Duplex
mode when operating on a split channel.  Then, the digipeater flood
gates would fill your screen very quickly with fewer gaps.

73's,

Tim - N8DEU
Huntsville, Alabama