Re: uhh... question

Hi This is Yoshi.

  I am trying these few days to hear the packet signals frpm ISS
but could not... :-(

At 2001/04/12 04:31:43 Matt Henderson wrote:
>    Are the astronauts onboard the ISS using packet to
> communicate with hams?  or... is the packet system more like
> a repeater (digipeater, actually) or BBS ?

  I think that the purpose of TNC on the ISS is primary for mailbox
service between the crews and ground hams. But maybe it had not started
yet.
  That TNC is working as "NOCALL". That means it had not connected
any terminal and not initialized. So maybe the mini-mailbox did not
turned on, and the DIGI is set to on.

  I hope that they keep their TNC as DIGI on. :-)

Yoshihiro Imaishi JF6BCC/KH2GR
GL:PM53JV, ex KC6IY(T88IY),V63BP
mailto:jf6bcc@jarl.com or jf6bcc@jamsat.or.jp
<http://plaza16.mbn.or.jp/~palau/> Sorry, Japanese only now.