Why Reboost

Could somebody explain why the ISS is having to reboost so often.  Right now
my NOVA tracking program is showing the ISS at an altitude of 234 miles.
(Hubble is at 359 miles and it doesn't have to reboost.)  I wonder if there
is atmospheric drag at that altitude, of if the constant maneuvering is done
to avoid space junk.  I know that a low earth orbit is necessary to allow
the ISS to be serviced by the shuttle.  Please educate me about all these
reboosting maneuvers.

James Alderman, KF5WT
Dallas, Texas, USA