Re: TMD700E on ISS

On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, A Thomas wrote:

> Whilst asleep at the "after midnight" pass last night my TMD700E
> received aprs packet from DL8YQ  (544 km away)
>
> I remember "Mirmon" - is there an "ISSMon" that can show APRS  packets on a
> map "live"????

MIRMON is now obsolete.  But...  There are all kinds of APRS programs now
and all will receive and plot these APRS packets for just about any PC
platform and operating system.  Go to the APRS pages on tapr.org

My original APRSdos still works for any old 286 or better PC but I have
enhanced a special version just for satellite APRS operations called
APRStk.  It will track all satellites, and plot any APRS packets heard.
It will also QSY either of the Kenwood D7 or D700 radios with built in
TNC's to each satellite in view and will tune for doppler.

It will also auto-track any cheap $64 24VAC TV rotator with a simple $20
TRIAC interface..

APRStk.EXE is just a special executable that must be installed in an
existing APRSdos structure.

 Get APRSdos ftp://tapr.org/aprssig/dosstuff/APRSdos/aprs848.zip
 Get APRStk  ftp://tapr.org/aprssig/dosstuff/APRSdos/astk-exe.zip

Install both into an APRS directory using PKUNZIP -DN (APRS848 first).

de WB4APR, Bob