Re: "NOCALL"

At 09:10 PM 4/8/2001 -0700, Rich wrote:
>I thought that under FCC rules you could not transmit or communicate to
>someone or something with out a call sign.

The rule (97.111(a)(1)) permits "Transmissions necessary to exchange messages with other stations in the amateur service". Doesn't say anything about a callsign.

By the way, the rules for identification (97.119(a)) grant a specific exemption for space stations. They are not required to transmit a callsign. Most satellites don't use a callsign at all.

73  -Paul
kb5mu@amsat.org