Re: ISS Packet Digipeater is WORKING!

ISS is now digipeating packets via the UNPROTO call of NOCALL.  I just did
it at about 2225z over the east coast of the USA.  There will be many more
passes tonight!

Uplink is 145.99 and downlink is 145.80.  Here is how to operate via ISS!

1) Do not attempt a connection to any other station.  It is a fruitless
exercise and only adds QRM to a very busy channel.

2) ANY TNC:  Set UNPROTO to CQ VIA NOCALL.  Then go to converse, and TYPE
greetings or messages to others that you see on the downlink...  If you
see your packet digipeated via NOCALL, so did everyone else...

3) Kwd D700 or D7(G):  Set one of your program memories for this
application. Set data TX on band B to 145.990.  Set data RX on band A to
145.800.  Set packet to 1200 baud.  Set path to NOCALL.  Go to MSG GROUPS
and add the wildcard "*" to the list so you can see messages to anyone.
Operate normally. (D7A users see below)..

4) APRS:  Turn off ALTNET filters. (In APRSdos set CONTROLS-FILTERS-OTHER)
Set unproto path to NOCALL.  Set radio to transmit on 145.99 and receive
on 145.80.  You can send messages to anyone you see.

SHARING THE BAND.  If you see your OWN packet digipeated (MY PACKET) then
everyone else in the country also saw you, so no need to repeat that
packet for at least 2 or 3 minutes.

For the history on the success of UI DIGIPEATING in space see the MIR
pages in    http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/astars.html

de WB4APR, Bob