Re: question

Attitude is an expression of an object's orientation in space.  All
man made space objects need to "point" to a particular place to
accomplish their mission.  In the case of a ham sat, antennas need to
be earth oriented.  Solar arrays need to point to the sun.  If the
satellite were out of attitude, signals would not be received by the
satellite, solar arrays would not charge the batteries and the
satellite would be useless.  Small thrusters, gas jets, arc jets,
momentum wheels and electromagnetic coils are used to adjust a
satellite's attitude to the proper orientation.

Note...I am not an aerospace engineer, other responses are invited.

td