RE: Shuttle Lands

I would say that that's the main reason ... and for the same reason that if
I were a pilot of a 747 I wouldn't want a passenger to using his HT in the
back. The ILS is just below two meters and I don't know the quality of his
equipment ... the last thing in the wold I want is some RFI to screw up the
glide slope reception!!

NASA probably goes overboard in testing  ... but ....

John
K0UWT