Re: Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 09:07:51 -0800

Hi Everyone,
   I'm looking foward to some SSTV from the ISS. I know there are just so
many things to do in a new space station, and so it doesn't suprise me that
SSTV is somewhat "down the list" but the number of people, both of a
technical and of a non-technical background who have been facinated by the
few photos I had managed to download  form MIR amased me. I am used to
getting semi-disintrest from those (especially kids) who don't have much
interest in "things that sound too mathematical".

    The advantage of SSTV is it can be left on all the time if set up
properly and people all over the world can see what they can download as
long as they have a receiver of sorts and a computer with appropiate
software. I think that in itself is of great benefit to schools and it
dosen't have to prearranged. A great "warm up exercise" for those schools
who are lucky enought to get an "apointment" and of benifit to everyone else
too.

Just my thoughts on the issue.

Murray Peterson
VK2KGM