ARISS Packet

All,

I have gotten word that we should expect the ISS crew to turn on the packet
system sometime this weekend.  (Keep your fingers crossed)

When that happens, expect to hear a periodic beacon every 2 minutes.  You
are also permitted to send unformatted informational (UI) packets to the
ISS.  In other words, it should be operational for APRS beacons.  Please do
not use the Packet Mailbox System at this time.  The crew will not have the
computer hooked up to read your messages at this juncture.

I have included some information regarding the packet system below.

1)  ISS Packet Callsign:  RZ3DZR

2)  Frequencies:  Uplink:      145.99
                               Downlink: 145.80

3)  Please be courteous and do not transmit on the packet uplink until for
have heard the packet beacon.

4)  If you copy the packet system, please let us know and save your
information for a future QSL card.

5)  For more information on ARISS, see:  http://ariss.gsfc.nasa.gov/

73,  Frank Bauer, KA3HDO