Re: Transcript of Burbank School QSO with ISS

----- Original Message -----
From: <AJ9N@aol.com>
To: <sarex@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Sunday, December 24, 2000 6:29 AM
Subject: [sarex] Transcript of Burbank School QSO with ISS

(long cut)

 > 17. Jessica Lehocky 7th grade who got to ask a second question: Can you
tell
 > us anyplace you can see right now?
 >  >>Well, right now I'm in the middle of the module called the functional
cargo
 > block (FCB) and we don't have any windows that I can look out.

Beside the heavy workload, I must admit I was expecting more ham radio
activity from the present ISS crew.
I was particulary surprised during the Xtmas season, when usually the crews
did in past (MIR missions) many contacts over Europe.
But, after I read the the above reply, I think I got a clue why the ham
radio
hasn't be very popular lately. Althought it might not be the define reason,
the fact of the actual "shack" is located on a "non-window" module certanly
doesn't help much...
Any comment?

Happy New Year

73 F.Costa, CT1EAT