Re: Thought

At Saturday 03:01 AM 12/23/2000, SAREX-digest wrote:
>Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 20:31:01 -0600
>From: Jim R <smokesigs@baraboo.com>
>Subject: [sarex] Thought
>
>If AO-40 remains silent, would it not be possible to hope for help from
>someone with a REALLY big dish (as in government/NASA), and feed as much
>ERP directly at the bird as humanly (and legally) possible? Might wake
>it up.
>
>Jim, K9ZZ

Jim, is this all what it will take?

Do ya think this one is big enough?  (See in background.)
http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/balloons.html
http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/liftoff.html
http://instacam.aws.com/instacam/imagelist.asp?ID=ANNPS

If so, I'm sure many folks in AMSAT know of the big
dish NASA Goddard gave to the US Naval Academy, which
in turn lets the midshipmen of W3ADO use it freely.

Christmas Cheer,

Pat N8PK