Re: Shuttle Launch

A station in Virginia (NW or Richmond) told me he saw the shuttle about 7
min after launch, so that would seem about right. In the 2 years I lived in
Delaware, I never saw it. Too far north I guess as MECO occurs at T+8 min.

At 18:05 12/1/00, you wrote:
>Can anyone verify that I saw the shuttle last night?  The object was
>traveling south to north. It was about 30-40 degrees above the horizon and
>was sighted about 5 min after launch.  I am located near Charleston,
>SC.  What I saw appeared to be brighter than an aircraft and faster than
>what I usually see.  It appeared to be flickering but not as a group of
>strobe lights on an airplane.  I had a scanner with me and heard two UHF
>transmissions on one of the shuttle UHF frequencies, however I did not
>copy what was said.

Maj Keith E Brandt,MD,MPH,WD9GET || Goodbye, cruel world that was my home-
Chief of Aerospace Medicine      ||   there's cleaner space out here to roam.
McConnell AFB, Wichita, KS       || Put my feet up on the moons of Mars-
wd9get@amsat.org                 ||   sit back, relax, and count the stars.
http://www.dca.net/~brandt       ||