Shuttle Launch

Can anyone verify that I saw the shuttle last night?  The object was
traveling south to north. It was about 30-40 degrees above the horizon and
was sighted about 5 min after launch.  I am located near Charleston,
SC.  What I saw appeared to be brighter than an aircraft and faster than
what I usually see.  It appeared to be flickering but not as a group of
strobe lights on an airplane.  I had a scanner with me and heard two UHF
transmissions on one of the shuttle UHF frequencies, however I did not copy
what was said.

Thanks for any help.

73