N4ISS SPECIAL EVENT!

"November 4 International Space Station"  Extra Special "Special Event"

I will be operating AO-27 and AO-10 during the ISS Special event,  below
is our operating schedule:
AO-27 12/2 1444-1459 & 1625-1635 UTC  12/3 1416-1430 & 1556-1610 UTC
AO-10 12/3 0100-0200 UTC
I may try some additional analog satellites.
For updated info and frequencies please visit our "Spacey" web site:
http://www.n4iss.homestead.com
Also Johnson Space Center ARC "W5RRR" is going to also operate during our
special event!
We will count any NASA ARC as a "ISS" contact toward our full color
certificate!

>From the  November JSCARC "UPLINK" newsletter:

ISS-suffix Stations Invited to Participate in Special Event activity

The Experimenters Group Amateur Radio Club in Greenville, South Carolina,
will celebrate the arrival of the Expedition 1 crew aboard the
International Space Station and the STS-97 shuttle-ISS docking mission
with a special event in early December. Special event station N4ISS will
be on the air from
1500 UTC on December 2 until 2000 UTC on December 3, and event sponsors
invite other ISS-suffix stations to take part. Operation of N4ISS will be
on or about 7.297, 14.297, and 28.497 MHz plus on AO-27.
A certificate is available. It will have different categories,
depending on how many "ISS"suffix stations you can work; i.e.
1 station = Lift Off, 2-5 stations = Orbit, 6-9 stations = Docking, 10+ =
EVA.

Note from JSCARC President:

All JSCARC members are invited and encouraged to come out to W5RRR club
station and support this event.  While we aren't issuing a special event
card or certificate for this, our presence on the air and participation
in
this event commemorating the Expedition 1 occupancy of ISS is very
important.

For on-the-air QSL information, refer folks to our website, www.w5rrr.org
for the address or give our address over the air (very long) or simply
refer
them to the "Callbook Address."  Emphasize the need to include an SASE
(for
domestic stations; IRCs and SAE for foreign stations) so we can get our
card
to them.

Tnx & 73,
Al Lark KD4 Satellites For Fun
AMSAT Area Coordinator
kd4sff@amsat.org
Experimenters Group ARC - N4ISS - trustee
n4iss@amsat.org
http://www.n4iss.homestead.com