ARISS frequencies ATTN:nx5e@juno.com

Hi the attached is previous communications concerning AR!SS frequencies:
Arthur,
Actually, we have not selected frequencies for ISS.  We are currently
discussing this issue with the international partners.  The frequencies
we
are using for this testing is consistent with the Region 2 (US) frequency

band plan.

There is certainly a debate on whether to use split frequencies or
simplex.  It is a bit more cumbersome to operate split.  However, I have
gotten a lot of feedback from a number of people that one of the
advantages
.of split is that the crew downlink is clear from local QRM.  This tends
help the new-bies as well as the more seasoned operators because they
don't
hear all the packet on the downlink frequency and can immediately
determine
if the crew is operating voice or packet.

Thanks for your inputs.

73,  Frank Bauer