RE: Tracking Tips for ISS

Hi Dima

I also still use InstantTrack, which I operate in a DOS window under Windows
95.  The version is 1.00b, and as far as I know, there is no update.  It
works fine, but I do have to use a program called CVITK to update two line
keps to a Y2K format which InstantTrack can use.  If I don't do this, the
keps don't work, as InstantTrack isn't a Y2K compliant program.

I assume you are also using this, or perhaps some similar program to keep
your keps up to date.  If not, I can e-mail you a copy of CVITK.

I wonder if anyone knows of an update to InstantTrack to get around having
to manually do the CVITK conversion each time I load new keps?  I tried
writing a DOS batch file to do this, but couldn't get it to work properly.

If you know of a newer satellite tracking program which you would like and
which is available on the Internet, I'd be happy to download it for you, and
to then e-mail it to you.  I have looked at a few over the years, but
somehow I always revert back to InstantTrack (I guess because I know it so
well and because it does everything I want).

73
Ray (ZS6RSW)