UO-14 7/12/00-1121 Pass

Hello  you all - Just heard from Mike on this last pass he was in
Newfoundland in his car on the way to the following expedition:

TO ALL RADIO AMATEURS
BID: $ANS-184.01

Mike Seguin, N1JEZ, ANS principal satellite investigator, recently told
ANS about an upcoming DXpedition that he will be involved in that will
include satellite operation. "I'd like to announce an upcoming DXpedition
to St. Pierre & Miquelon Island," said N1JEZ. "We will be operating from
Ile aux Marins, a small island accessible by ferry from St. Pierre. The
callsign will be TO0DX and the grid square is GN16."

The expected operation will be July 15 through July 19, 2000.

Mike was initially asked to join the HF DXpedition --and agreed-- if
he could also bring along a satellite station. Mike will be transporting
full Oscar class station to the island including cross-polarized yagis,
VHF/UHF transceiver, preamps, rotor, and so on. N1JEZ plans to
operate both analog and digital satellite modes.

In addition to the satellite gear, Mike will also be active on 6-meters
while on the island.

In addition to the DXpedition, Mike reports he will be driving to St.
Pierre
and will activate as many grids as possible via satellite during the
drive
"including the water grids that I'll be traveling through while on the
5-hour ferry ride from Nova Scotia to Newfoundland," said N1JEZ.

Stay tuned to ANS for further details.
N1ORC@AMSAT.ORG