Mir antenna problem

Hello everyone:

Today's approved SSTV experiment with Mir did not take place.
There was an unexpected problem with the antenna connection/cable
to the Kenwood TM-V7A radio on Mir.  The Signals from the Mir SSTV
system were too weak to be detectable during today's test.
The Mir crew activated the SSTV system on monday June 12 from
14:00 - 17:00 and again on tuesday June 13 08:30 - 17:00 UTC.

I discussed the problem in a telecon with engineers in Russia today
and they will look into the problem.  Unfortunatly there does not
seem to be enough time to reschedule SSTV testing at this time.
The Mir crew is scheduled to come home on Thursday morning June 15.
There is still a 1% chance for a short test.  Suggest you leave
your system on auto receive for Robot-36 mode on 145.985 FM.

Network delays:
some of the messages i posted to SAREX and AMSAT BB got stuck
in the  network and were delayed 9 hours.  I am sorry for the
delays, sometimes i do not get test approvals until the last minute.

Next Mir Mission.
Mir will be unmanned from June - November 2000.
Next crew moves in November 2000

73 Miles

MAREX-NA

message sent June 13, 22:45 utc