Mir Status May 30,2000

Mir / ISS status report

May 30, 2000

By Miles Mann WF1F,

The Mir crew  (Sergei Zalyotin and Alexander Kaleri )  will  return to
Earth on June 16, 2000.  Their mission began on April 4, 2000 for a
planed 70+-day mission. After June 16, the Mir station will then fly on
remote control for approximate 5 months.  Then in November 2000, a new
crew move in to the Mir Space Station (Cosmonaut Pavel Vinogradov is
currently on the list).  The Mir Space Station will be 15 years on in
February 2001.  The November crew is planning on celebrating the 15th
anniversary of the space station from the Mir Station.

Mir Amateur Radio Status:
No activity last week because of a heavy work load.  However the crew is
just about caught up and we expect some activity soon.  We hope that the
worldwide amateur radio community understands the reasons why the crew
has not been very active with the amateur radio experiments.  If time
and schedules permit, then we may see some activity before the crew
comes home next month.
Frequency 145.985 FM simplex

SSTV:
Best Shots from April 2000
http://siliconpixels.com/marex/mirshots/

Suggested Receiving Station for Satellite SSTV Images.
http://www.siliconpixels.com/marex/MirSSTVStation.htm

MAREX-NA home page
http://www.siliconpixels.com/marex

Mir QSL Update:
All departments have approved the card proofs and the order has been
placed for 4000 Mir QSL cards. We hope to get the cards back from the
printers in July 2000.

Note:  We are currently out of QSL cards for the Mir Amateur Radio
program.
I would like to thank you all for being patient on getting your QSL
cards.  We hope to begin shipping the new cards in August 2000.  The
cards we are making are just for the Mir crew QSL cards; we are not
associated with any of the special event QSL cards such as Sputnik.

wf1f@amsat.org

Copyright 2000 Miles Mann, All Rights Reserved.  This document may be
freely distributed via the following means - Email (including
listservers), Usenet, and World-Wide-Web.  It may not be reproduced for
profit including, but not limited to, CD ROMs, books, and/or other
commercial outlets without prior written consent from the author.
Images received from the MAREX-NA SSTV system on the Russian Space
Station Mir are considered public domain and may be freely distributed,
without prior permission.

DOSVIDANIYA Miles WF1F