Tracking STS is hard

Hi All:

It is very difficult to track a NASA shuttle.
The reason is because they are constantly firing
their engines and other maneuvers.
The kep data you have assumes there are NO engine
maneuvers at all.

If you have week old keps for ISS, then you may only
have a tracking error of less than 1 minute.

If you have 1 day old keps for the Shuttle, then
you may be off by hours.

Docking Missions:
When the shuttle is docking with an object such as ISS
or Hubbell, then you should track the docking object and
not the shuttle.  The ISS is in a stable orbit 229 Statute Miles up.
The shuttle, 2 hours after launch is only 100 miles up.  On just about
every orbit the shuttle fires its engine for a little boots (until
docking).

It takes 2 days for the shuttle to climb from 100 miles to 223 miles.
So on a ISS mission your keps for the shuttle will be junk if they
are more than a few hours old (until the docking).
After the docking the keps usually will not change much.
Unless the use the shuttle to Boost the ISS to a new orbit.

Keps:
For the shuttle, get the keps from the NASA web directly or
off the HF rebroadcast (wa3nan??).  Most other web pages for the Shuttle
keps
will be out of date by the time they are posted.  Or just track ISS.

The reverse is true when the shuttle Undocks.  it takes 2 days to
de-orbit
and thus 2 hour old shuttle keps may be useless.

Miles WF1F MAREX-NA